Pecha Kucha Berlin Vol. 8.1 meets DMY
But as we all know, give a mike to a designer (especially an architect) and you’ll be trapped for hours. The key to Pecha Kucha Night is its patented system for avoiding this fate. Each presenter is allowed 20 images, each shown for 20 seconds each – giving 6 minutes 40 seconds of fame before the next presenter is up. This keeps presentations concise, the interest level up, and gives more people the chance to show.
Pecha Kucha (which is Japanese for the sound of conversation) has tapped into a demand for a forum in which creative work can be easily and informally shown, without having to rent a gallery or chat up a magazine editor. This is a demand that seems to be global – as Pecha Kucha Night, without any pushing, has spread virally to over 100 cities across the world. Find a location and join the conversation.
Pecha Kucha nights always start at 20.20h in changing location.
The speakers of the next Pecha Kucha night are the following:
* Marco Riedel (Roomdivision / design, architecture)
* Bernhard Moosbauer (The Barebackshow / vinyl records with endless rills)
* Till Behnke (Betterplace.org / social community für social engagement)
* Steffen Bärenfänger (B&W Interactive & Motion Design / an appel to attention)
* Eric Wahlforss, Alexander Ljung (Soundcloud / innovative platform for musicians)
* John von Ascheraden (heimatmedien / video as synthesis of the arts)
* Niklas Roy (international dance party / discomachine)
* Mirko Mielke (plattenbaukamera luisenstrasse)
* Jurgen Bey (interior and product design)
* JPECH VJ Team (3-Chord-Visuals)
* Oskar Zieta (ETH Zürich, Möbeldesign)
* Tamara Pallasch (Interior design)
* Giles Miller (Royal College or Art, London)
+ Aftershow Party with Exsample (normoton)
Pecha Kucha Vol. 8.1 meets DMY!
22.Mai // Glashaus, Arena // Start 21:20 // Einlass 20:30